Saturday, November 18, 2006

See No Evil

If you think the world can't get any more stupid, turn on the television. Start at channel 2 and flip through. If you can make it to 99 without your eyes rolling in the back of your head, well, then you are just as stupid as the television itself. Sometimes I can't even believe that I actually voluntarily pay money for the crap that passes for entertainment in America. Alas, I am a girl of simple pleasures, and so a marathon of "Flavour of Love" can actually make me laugh to tears in spite of myself.

Today, though, the hair up my ass is the obnoxious censorship. The other day, during my daily flip through, I came across one of those breast implant surgeries. Here is this woman's boobs, a cut and mangled bloody mess, and I swear to God, the nipples were blurred out. Ewwww. I mean, are we really thinking that someone is getting off on this? Are we worried about what our kids are watching? Are we prudes and think that nipples are a private matter and should only be viewed never? Are we in 6th grade health class?

If you're getting off on this, then wow, good for you, whatever floats your boat. If your kids are watching this, then what the hell is wrong with you? If you think that nipples are private, then quit watching someone's friggin surgery. And in 6th grade, when we had to learn all about breast cancer, there were nipples.

It isn't just the stupid nipples. Nothing aggravates me more than trying to watch a movie when they have taken out curse words and replaced them with fluffy non offensive statements so as not to offend anyone. Give me a friggin break. I watched 8mile the other night, and they were even blurring the finger when people were being flipped off. Add that to the blanked out rap lyrics, and that one was a must see.

Even something so simple as the movie "Election" with Reese Witherspoon. At the end of the movie, Matthew Broderick is at a museum looking at cavepeople. The privates on the cavepeople were blurred out. Give me a break.

I would like to know just who were the rocket scientists that decided to syndicate "Sex and the City" and put "Boogie Nights" on TBS. My eyes are stuck in the back of my head just thinking about it.

What can you expect from a country who riots over video games?

Grow up America.

No comments: