Friday, December 01, 2006

Holiday Treasures

I can't even begin to express the euphoria of this last week. My life has seen a great deal of blessings, but none can compare to the precious gifts that I have received in the last few days.

Reuniting with the past has forever been my biggest fear. As with all memories, the good must come with the bad. It is difficult to look back on one's mistakes without feeling shame, and sometimes it is difficult to look past the horrors and see the joy.

Most turning points in life come unexpectedly, as my life has shown time and again. Never would I have imagined on Sunday, that my life would alter forever by Saturday. To be reunited with a loved one is a blessed event. To be reunited with the three most influential people of your life, all at once, well.... it's unimaginable. My senses are on overload.

For the first time, I see that the pieces of my past and present may fit into my life puzzle after all.

How can I begin to thank you?

To Karen: My Sister, in every truest sense of the word... For once, my words seem to fail me. How to describe such a bond? From the beginning of time, you were always by my side, stumbling through endless pitfalls and triumphs. As I sit here, my mind is flooded by a torrent of memories, and I find myself laughing and crying, watching two little girls growing, sharing, loving, fighting, and playing...oblivious to the rest of the world. Finding you again is like finding a lost piece of my soul.

To Brenda: My Moosie, my Mother, who took me into her family, and loved me as one of her own... In the warmth of your home, I learned how to fly! You opened my eyes to a world of wonders; without you, I never would have seen the the beautiful colors of life. You taught me how to follow a different path, and how to find the beauty of the world around me. I am thrilled to show you the radiant bird that I am now....a swan, who would have been a duck forever, without your nest.

and of course,

To David: My Conscience, always the driving force of my life... Throughout these last 12 years, I have always heard your voice in my head, guiding me and shaping me into the person I am today. Never a day has gone by, that I haven't thought of you, and ached to share my life with you. I have missed your friendship terribly.

No comments: